Illamasqua Apocalips Lipstick Review

Hello there my lovelies. I have a review today and it's on a lipstick I have promised a review on for a long time. It's a review on the Illamasqua Apocalips lipstick, now it's no secret that I LOVE Illamasqua and love their lipsticks- this colour is not one for the faint hearted but if you're brave enough to wear it, it's gorgeous.

So what do Illamasqua say about this lipstick?
They say its a teal colour with a matte finish! 
Let your lips speak volumes. Indulge in colour-intense lipstick with a highly pigmented formula, available in a choice of flawless finishes, from creamy matt to iridescent finishes. Illamasqua Lipstick glides on smoothly and doesn't give up without a fight for the perfect all-night pout. A must have for professional make-up artists, and those who want to make a statement.

Packaging? I love the packaging a lot for Illamasqua lipsticks. The packaging is simple, sleek and easy to store in my kit. It has the signature Illamasqua logo on the top as well. 

Colour/Pigmentation? The colour of this lipstick is just fab- It's a pure teal! It's a great bold lip if you're brave enough to wear it. It's very pigmented and goes on the lips easily with a lip brush. 

Finish? It's a matte finish but it's not really really drying, but I would recommend moisturising the lips before applying this lipstick. I would also say exfoliating the lips would make the lipstick look a lot better. 


(Photographer - Fiona Brims, Model- Kerry Nixon, Hair- Andrew James, Makeup- Me)

How long does it last? Well it lasts a long time on the lips, my model Kerry had it on for a few hours in the studio in hot lights and she still had it on when she left. 

The Good? This lipstick in general is amazing! It's pigmented, it lasts along time and the packaging is wonderful. It's also a great alternative to the plain old red lipstick. 

The not so good? This lipstick can be a little drying but is easily sorted by applying lip balm 

How much is it? This lipstick retails for £16.50 

Do you like the strange coloured lips or do you perfere to stick to what you know?





12 comments:

  1. The colour looks lovely, but I think I'd be a bit scared to try it!

    Danielle xx
    Danielleyc | UK Beauty, fashion & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is quite scary but i think you would rock it. x

      Delete
  2. Such an unusual colour for a lipstick, definitely don't think I'm brave enough! x

    Alavish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I would NEVER be able to pull this off. I'd love to see a makeup look with this colour. :) xx

    Shang J.| The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sure you would rock it. i will do a look. but i prefer to do my makeup looks in shoots. like the picture on the post. i will defo do a look though. x

      Delete
  4. I wish I was brave enough to try and pull off a lipstick like this! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I was a bit surprised to scroll down and see that colour! The model looks gorgeous, but I'm not really sure I could get away with this! Xx
    http://lemonadebudget.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. its a strange colour but i love it x

      Delete
  6. Wowzers, this lipstick is crazy, but you styled it on your model so well! I love Illamasqua for their nack at developing unique products.

    -Lindsey x
    @bibliogloss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. i love love love there products too. xx

      Delete