Hayya Lovelys, its the time of the week that I have to wash all my makeup brushes so thought I would show you how I deep clean them. I didn't have to do all my brushes to day *thank god* as i have a LOT. I have also learned something doing this post, Its hard to take pictures when needing to used two hands.
It is very important to wash your brushes regularly as dirt and bacteria can build up on the bristles which can cause comadones, pustules and papules. A lot of people (including myself a year ago) thought you can just use a foundation brush till its full of foundation then get a new one. You can spot clean your brushes daily to make sure you dont spread bacteria on your face the next time you use the brush.
Anyway lets get on to how I wash my brushes.
- Lay out all your dirty brushes next to your sink ready to get washed
- Dampen your brush with warm water
- Swirl your brush in some Baby shampoo (this is a mild shampoo so will not harm the brush)
- Keep swirling and squeezing the brush adding more water as you go till the water is clear meaning no foundation or dirt is left on the brush
- rinse out all the soap with water
- repeat on all brushes
- leave your brushes out to dry (this could take up to a day depending on heat and the brush hair)
I hope this post was helpful to you all. If you have any request please let me know.