Review- Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation

Hayya Lovelys today's post is going to be on the Laura Mercier silk creme foundation. This is one of the foundations I have had on my list to buy for such a long time as I am a foundation hoarder I have like 10 different foundations (Opps) But i want to get a few more as i am trying to find the perfect foundation for me. 

Laura Mercier says: " The ultimate in flawless natural coverage. Silk creme foundation is a beautiful, light-diffusing formula offering advanced light-reflection properties which cause fine lines and wrinkles to optically vanish. Laura created an innovative foundation that delivers flawless, buildable coverage in a long wearing rich hydrating base. 

Laura Mercier is a hard brand to find were I live but I managed to get this when I was in England visiting family. This foundation is fine for all skin types and is oil free (grate for me as i have oily skin) It retails for a whopper of £33 which is CRAZY as you only get 35ml of product which is a little more compared to most foundation. This foundation is a cream texture (hence the name haha) So it is a little better for me to use than the NARS sheer glow as that is a very liquid foundation and can go on the skin quite streaky. one of the makeup artists said to me that most people that use the NARS sheer glow end up using the silk cream as the shades and the coverage are very similar but the texture of silk creme goes on a lot smother   

My color is in soft ivory which is the lightest shade they do. The silk cream foundation comes in shades suitable for all skin tones with 10 different shades to choose from. This foundation actually adapts to be a perfect match to the skin the more you blend it. I find this foundation goes on the skin the best with either a buffing brush or a beauty blender to get the right amount of coverage and a even base. 

I would recommend this foundation to every single person on this planet as its so amazing and is medium to full coverage. Just remember before you use it to shake the bottle well. 

Hope this review was helpfull let me know what you think of this foundation

Love Elysa xoxo

8 comments:

  1. OMMGG!! Such an amazing foundation :D
    I neeed this, I am gonna get this foundation when I run out of my estee lauder one ♥

    Khadzzyy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the estee lauder one is good to but this one is amazing!!!

      Delete
  2. Khadz from foreverglamx sent me here and I am so glad she did because I LOVE HER AND YOU ARE JUST AS AMAZING AS HER :D
    Love this foundation, the only one that works for me and in general da best fou-dation in.the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. Love the foundation so much so far and i have tried a lot of foundation but so far this is the best one

      Delete
  3. I also have this. It is quite good although I do prefer the Sheer Glow :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love this foundation but i also love sheer glow i just prefer this as the texture is better for my skin xo

      Delete
  4. This foundation is so intriguing! Everyone seems to be loving this! The price is pretty steep though but definitely worth investing on! :)

    I'm a new follower by the way. Hope you could follow back!
    :D

    Jem,
    somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been addicted to NARS Sheer Glow lately but recently ordered this one in Soft Ivory and can't wait to get it home and try it out. When I first swatched it on my arm I forgot to shake it so it was a little dark looking! Maybe if I shake it properly then try it will be better! :)

    Katelyn
    theskinnyblondegirl.com

    ReplyDelete